Thursday, June 4, 2015

My Muse Johanna Saavedra



As an artist I find that my art is inspired on 2 levels. Both the physical and the mental levels. That is one reason why Johanna Saavedra (her FACEBOOK ) has become one of my favorite muses. Her dancers body has been kissed by the California sun, giving her the look of a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue model. Her looks alone would inspire several drawings, but as I said, my art is also inspired by Johanna mentally. She and I have had the pleasure of talking several times over the phone, talking about her passion to help promote equal rights for both the transgender and latino rights. For me those conversations have been what has inspired the most art. A beautiful face and well-sculpted body can only go so far. Johanna's friendly personality, open-minded-ness, kindness, and the fact that she wants to teach the world to accept transgender/LGBT people is what makes me want to draw her, and to promote whatever she is doing. Below i posted 2 of Johanna's youtube vids showing both sides of her personality that inspires me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment