Monday, March 10, 2014

There are many people who would argue Wonder Woman's original costume is hokey, or perhaps even go so far as calling in "stupid", I admit, her high heels would be impossible to actually fight crime in, and if an amazon actually was going out into the world to fight evil, she would probably do it wearing something that covered more, and had more of an amour feel to it. But let's also remember that this classic costume was created in the shadow of World War 2. It was a time when national pride was at a height that we can't really imagine in this current era. People could argue we need a costume that reflects the current feelings of the nation. I would argue that is exactly what we don't need. Comics are a modern version mythology, we need characters that are bigger then life, and have costumes to match. I love the idea of seeing a character that literally screams "america" which is probably one reason I am a big fan of characters like Captain America and Wonder Woman. I know that in the future there will be small changes made to any super heroes costume, but I always hope that some parts of the classics will remain, so fanboys like myself will be able to recognize our favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment