Wednesday, January 21, 2015

i love Gwen Stacy


 
As an artist and as a comicbook fan i've found that certain comicartists have appealed to me for nearly my entire life. As a kid one of my favorite comics to get were issues of Marvel Tales, which reprinted classic Spider-man stories. I ate them up constantly, and the issues that held a special place in my heart and mind where the 60's era Spidey stories. At the time Spidey was being drawn by industry giants like John Romita Sr and John Buscema. Both of these artists drew some amazing images, and in particular the way they drew Mr Parker's love interests Gwen Stacy and Mary Jane Watson. I knew about the fact Gwen Stacy ended up being killed by the Green Goblin but she was always my favorite between the 2. Something about the fact she was a combo of smart, sexy and totally out of Parker's league was what drew me to her i guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment