Thursday, January 15, 2015

Inspirations And Muses

 As an artist, I have always found inspiration through photos and other art. When I was in 9th grade taking a High School art class one of our assignments was to recreate a magazine photo/ad of our choosing. The Guess ad that i have posted here was my inspiration for that drawing. I spent weeks working on the drawing. In all honesty, it was closer to months that i worked on it. At the time that i did it i was so pleased with it, mainly because it was one of the first times i ever created a drawing from a photo, that actually reminded me of the photo. My friends of course pawed all over the drawing, and i eventually sold it to one of them (tho i can't remember how much he paid.) Even tho the drawing is gone from my life, that particular photo has always stayed in my brain.
I recently (recent meaning in the last decade) became friends with a wonderful latina TS named Johanna (who's photo is also on this blog post) who's unique beauty attracted my eye. Looking through her photos i found the above image, and couldn't help but be reminded of the Guess ad image that inspired me to pick up a pencil so many years ago. Although i haven't done a lot of pics of Johanna, she is someone who's photos always catch my eye, and make me think of how i could draw a version of it. My art is often brought about by my imagination, but i also can't express how much i admire and respect the women that inspire my work. I owe so much to each and every muse that i come across, no matter if they famous, or friends. The two photos featured in this post are of particular women, but this post is dedicated to each and every single woman who has ever inspired me.
Thank You, to each and every soul. You are all beautiful in my eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment