Sunday, April 12, 2015

A short rant about being an artist

Johanna Saavedra
One of my fav drawings based on Johanna
 Almost anyone who follows this blog knows i have a long list of favorite muses that i love to draw and be inspired by. As a general rule whenever i do a drawing based on someone, i try my best to capture what i feel and see in the person's photos. It's done completely for free, and generally for my own enjoyment. Because of this i only draw what i am inspired by. I look through photos on general websites, and also on Facebook, so many of the drawings i create have been based on actual Facebook friends like Johanna Saavedra (join her fanpage HERE ) who i have drawn on a fairly regular basis over the last few months.  I am often messaged by people requesting for me to draw them and i try to always be courteous and straight-forward about the chances of me producing a drawing. My general reply is "Thank you for the request, i will take a look at your photos and see if anything inspires me. If i draw you, i will send the pic to you." The majority of people are very understanding of my position, and some people decide to start harassing me about it. No matter their reaction, i do honestly take a look at their photos to see what i have to work with. Something i've learned to look for is photos with a clear image of the person's face, since faces are one of my favorite things to doodle. A lot of times i stay away from drawing someone who only has photos of themselves with the lens at an angle or surrounded by other people in a way that things aren't clear. Another thing i stay away from are constantly blurry photos, and i don't really think i have to explain way considering the previous sentences. i guess thats why i tend to draw models, and photos from models, because they generally pose in a way that shows off what is appealing, but still very clear.
Another factor of drawing is honestly friendship. Because i create for free, i generally want to draw people who are my friends. If i draw someone once, and their first reaction is to complain about it or if the only time you ever talk to me is to beg (or order) me to do a drawing for you, then there is a very large chance you will never get another drawing.
My art is honestly something i do to cope with my life, and i want to say "thank you" to each friend i am inspired by, or have enjoyed my doodles. Each of you is a big part of what I create, and i appreciate all of You. Keep watching this blog (and subscribe!) to see even more of my doodles. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment